We are entirely about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, working toward growing disciples, worshipping God, and transforming our world through local and global outreach. Through the years we have seen a growth in diversity in culture, as well as age, and we praise Him for uniting us as one family through His death, burial, and resurrection. We are from the past, for the present, and aimed toward the future: all for and because of Christ.
- 1910 · A small band of Christian men and women began a Sunday school in Highland Park, Michigan.
- 1911 · 20 members organized the Baptist Society of Highland Park.
- 1913 · Society reorganized with 37 charter members and took the name Highland Park Baptist Church.
- 1914 · A building committee was appointed and a lot purchased on Ford Avenue in Highland Park.
- 1957 · 20 acres of land was purchased in Southfield, MI. Ground was broken for the chapel in June 1962, and January 20, 1963, the first unit of the new branch was dedicated.
- 1966 · The Southfield and Highland Park branches merged at the new Southfield location.
- 1968 · The present worship center was dedicated.
- 1970 · HPBC opened Southfield Christian School.
- 1972 · A new activities building was built to house the junior and senior high school students of SCS.
- 1975 · SCS received accreditation from the University of Michigan and the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- 1971 · The church purchased land that extended its property to the corner of 12 Mile and Lahser Roads.
- 1984 · A second Sunday morning worship service was added.
- 2005 · An Elder Board was elected to oversee ministries and operations. Sunday services were changed to a 9am Traditional and 11:15am Contemporary worship schedule.
- 2008 · Pastor Brent Slater was commissioned as the new Senior Pastor.
- 2012 · The Next Chapter Initiative brought building renovations and an updated Worship Center facility. We seek to remain faithful and use our facility to love our neighbors for the glory of God.
- Present · Strong Foundation is a three year church-wide initiative to “strengthen our church’s physical foundation” for generations to come.