Growing disciples extends beyond the walls of our church. We exist and have been saved to glorify God and take His Gospel message to the world. Whether through a short-term trip overseas, a service project in Detroit, or a community outreach event here at our church, we seek to make the love of God undeniably known to all those we come in contact with.
*Short-Term Trips and Outreach Events are subject to change
Every year we offer a wide variety of short-term missions trips both overseas and right here in the Detroit area. However, we have suspended all overseas trips for 2016 so we can focus solely on building the Kingdom in Detroit. Please check back for future opportunities to go out and serve.
OVERALL VISION: While we as a church undergo the renovation of our worship center, we also want to invest in the broader community outside of our walls. The Elders are committing to come alongside of Central Detroit Christian (CDC) to help renovate their new ministry center. Our heart would be for every HPBC member to get involved in some way during the next year.
ONE WEEK TRIPS:
- Parking lot repair & clean-up, prep for pre-school, play area (no skills necessary)
- Gym Floor Restoration, Painting, General clean-up (5-6 skilled for gym floor, plus other unskilled)
- Set-up Pre-School Classrooms - Creative painting, furniture set-up, general room prep, misc. projects
SPECIFIC GROUP PROJECTS:
For HPBC groups (ABF’s, LifeGroups, Familes, etc) to serve to complete a specific project. Duration is flexible from 1 day to a weekend or more.
- Interior demo and clean-up. Removing debris and filling dumpsters.
- Parking Lot Repairs, Parking lot Removal Fence and installation, Painting
COST: No required cost but participants are encouraged to donate towards the project costs. Checks can be made payable to HPBC with GO: Detroit on the memo line. Donations are tax deductible.
HPBC Coordinator: John Christie
If you have any questions, please call Loosha in the Global Ministries office (248-357-5464 ext. 228) or email